I balance my life between enjoying technology, and finding deep satisfaction in the outdoors. Growing up in the Lake District, you can imagine the surprise to my parents when I showed no interest in the outdoors whatsoever when I was younger, and it took moving to Coventry to attend the University to realise I enjoyed the gorgeous landscape of the Lakes. I decided the easiest way to return to similar places was to join the Mountaineering Society, and so began my journey into climbing.
Within 7 months, I was elected President of the society, undertook Mountain Leader training, went on an Alpine Mountaineering course in Chamonix, and spent that summer in Ailefroide and the Dolomites.
- Flying Buttress (Dinas Cromlech) - Cold and wet in January.
- Aiguille du Tour - First Alpine summit.
- Gambit Climb, North Wales - First Severe multipitch.
- Cosmique’s Arete - Just after a two day storm, leaving the route covered in snow, crux crack ended up being one of the simpler bits of climbing.
- Dent du Geant - First 4000+ summit.